Cheats allow you to personalise your gameplay in the Sims 4 and they are really easy to use! Below I lay out exactly how to use the money related cheats in the game: motherlode, kaching and more!
Step 1 – Enable Cheats
Make the cheat bar appear in the top left hand corner of the screen by pressing:
- Command + Shift + C on PC.
- CTRL + Shift + C on Mac.
- All four triggers on console.
Type in “testingcheats on” and press enter to enable the use of cheats.
Step 2 – Choose which Money Cheat to Use
Each money cheat serves its own purpose, so make sure you use the right one for your gameplay wants or needs:
“motherlode” – ADDS 50,000 simoleons to your household funds
“kaching” or “rosebud” – ADDS 1,000 simoleons to your household funds
“money X” – CHANGES your household funds to anything you want by replacing the X with your desired amount (e.g. to change your household funds to 25,890 simoleons type in “money 25890”)
Use the “money X” cheat to remove money from your household funds in the Sims 4. To take money away from your household funds simply replace the X in the cheat with a value lower than your Sims’ current household funds.
Step 3 – Activate the cheat
Type the cheat into the bar and press enter.
Press Command + Shift + C on PC (or the equivalent commands for Mac and on console) again to get rid of the cheat bar in the top left hand corner of the screen.
Why Use One of the Money Cheats
Money cheats can come in handy when playing the Sims 4 and can also be really fun to use! Here are three reasons you may want to use one of the money cheats:
- You may just want a quick way of making money so that you can build your Sims the mansion they deserve.
- You may want to get rid of all of your Sims money in order to start a Rags-to-Riches challenge.
- Getting your Sim to go to work everyday might feel too realistic for you, so why not just cheat the money and then your Sim can be on holiday the entire time!