The handiness skill is by far one of the most useful skills for sims in The Sims 4. I use it all the time, and it’s a base game skill! If you want to reap the benefits of higher handiness skill levels such as instantly upgrading objects, then you’ll love the handiness skill cheat. It’s really easy to use by following the instructions in this post.
How To Enable Cheats in the Sims 4
Before using any cheats in the Sims 4, you need to make the cheat bar appear in the top left hand corner of the screen by pressing:
- CTRL + Shift + C on PC or Mac.
- All four triggers on console (i.e., PS4 or Xbox one).
Then, type in “testingcheats true” and press enter to enable the use of cheats.
More information on enabling cheats and links to more cheat codes can be found on the Let’s Talk Sims Cheats Page!
Sims 4 Handiness Skill Cheat
To use the handiness skill cheat, type stats.set_skill_level major_handiness X into the cheat bar and press enter. Replace X with the level of the skill that you want your sim to obtain. The cheat bar is not case-sensitive, so it doesn’t matter if you use any capital letters in the cheat code or not. It will work either way.
This cheat can be used to increase or decrease the handiness skill level that your sim has.
I’ve included the cheat code for each level in the table below so that you can just copy and paste the one you’d like to use into your game.
|Handiness Skill Level
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 1
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 2
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 3
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 4
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 5
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 6
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 7
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 8
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 9
|stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 10
Cheat to Max the Handiness Skill
In the Sims 4, maxing a skill consists of reaching the highest level of a skill. This will mean level 5 or 10 depending on the skill. Therefore, to max the handiness level skill instantaneously simply type stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 10 into the cheat bar.
Why Use The Handiness Skill Cheat?
Here are just a few reasons that having a higher handiness skill level is useful in the Sims 4:
- Some upgrades require higher skill levels than others. For example, you can make your sim’s toilet, sink and shower self-clean with level 4 of the handiness skill.
- More advanced sculptures and furniture options for woodworking are unlocked at a higher skill level.
- Upgrading an appliance may be required for an aspiration milestone or a career task. For example, milestone 4 of the Appliance Wiz aspiration requires your sim to have upgraded the stand mixer appliance. To complete this your sim needs a minimum of handiness skill level 4.
Let me know in the comments below if you run into any issues using the handiness skill cheat.
Hope you’re having a lovely day and thanks for visiting my website!