Angelfish are extremely rare to catch when fishing in the Sims 4, but they can be super useful for gameplay. Angelfish is one of the ingredients to make the ambrosia treat, which is used to bring ghost Sims back to life. I can relate to the struggle in finding angelfish and I hope that this post can help. To get angelfish fast in the Sims 4 you can purchase it from the gallery or use a cheat, which I outline in this post.
How To Get Angelfish in the Sims 4
I recommend starting with one of the first two methods mentioned below because the angelfish cheat can be unreliable (method 2 is fast and practically a cheat itself!).
1 – Fishing (Slow Method, varies a lot)
Angelfish can be caught by fishing in the sims 4, but they are very rare to catch. There is no specific level of the fishing skill required to catch them, but I recommend having at least level three of the fishing skill to increase your sim’s chances. You probably don’t need to use bait, but if you want to I recommend using bass or frogs as angelfish bait when fishing.
Although rare, angelfish do spawn at the fishing spots listed below as well as others.
- Willow Creek (try in front of Oakenstead or by any canals)
- Oasis Springs (anywhere but the park)
- San Myshuno (Center Park)
- Newcrest (anywhere)
- Bridleton Bay (anywhere)
- Sulani (anywhere)
- Magic Realm (anywhere)
- The Forgotten Grotto (anywhere)
Worlds in the sims 4 where angelfish do not spawn:
- Granite Falls
- Sylvan Glade
- Del Sol Valley
2 – Purchase From The Gallery (Fast Method)
Many simmers have uploaded “rooms” to the gallery with the death flower in them. Sometimes the rooms will include a death flower as well given that both are needed to make ambrosia. The price of the rooms can vary quite a lot. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the gallery
- Search for “angelfish”
- Select and place one of the rooms onto your sim’s lot
- Return to live mode and drag the angelfish into your sim’s personal inventory ready for use (you may have to delete the walls of the room to select the fish more easily)
3 – Purchase from the Potion Ingredients Stall in the Magic Realm (Fast Method, can vary)
Steps to purchase the death flower from the magic realm:
- Enter the magic realm via the portal in Glimmerbrook
- Go to Casters Alley
- Check the potion ingredients stall
This is a very easy method, but it requires the Sims 4 Realm of Magic game pack. The stall may or may not have angelfish available to purchase. If it doesn’t you can simply check back a few times over the next few days in the game until one is put up for sale. The angelfish costs only 11 simoleons.
Note that your sim does not need to be a spellcaster to enter the magic realm and go to casters alley.
4 – Use The Debug Cheat (Fast Method)
You can find angelfish in build/buy mode by using the debug cheat. Follow these steps:
- Activate cheats in the Sims 4 by pressing down on the keys SHIFT + CTRL + C (for console players: hold down all four shoulder buttons). Then type in “testingcheats true” and press enter.
- Type into the bar bb.showhiddenobjects and press enter.
- Navigate to view all objects in the game in build mode and there will be many objects that you usually wouldn’t be able to see without this cheat (those items are part of the debug catalogue).
- Search “angelfish” and press enter.
- Place it on your sim’s lot.
- In live mode you can drag the angelfish into your Sims’ inventory (this step I have found to be glitchy).
What is the Angelfish Cheat in The Sims 4?
There used to be a cheat to summon collectibles (including the angelfish) in the Sims 4. However, this cheat no longer exists so you will need to use the debug cheat instead, which I have outlined directly above this section (method #3).
What is the Angelfish Cheat for Console Players (PS4/XBox One)?
Follow the same steps as for PC players in the section above, but in step 1 press down on all four triggers to activate cheats!
What is the Ambrosia Cheat in the Sims 4?
To make the ambrosia treat quickly in the Sims 4 you can cheat it! Unfortunately, there is no singular cheat that exists to get it directly. You will need to cheat to get all three of the ingredients (angelfish, death flower and the potion of youth) individually and then cheat some of your sim’s skill levels to be able to make the ambrosia treat!
It might sound complicated, but it really isn’t! Just follow these steps and you will have an ambrosia treat in no time:
- Enable cheats (learn more about cheats in the sims 4 here)
- Follow the steps above for the angelfish cheat (debug cheat) or use one of the other methods to obtain angelfish
- Use the debug cheat to retrieve the death flower from the debug menu (or use one of the six methods explained in this post to obtain the death flower)
- Buy the potion of youth from the reward store for 1500 satisfaction points (gain enough points instantly using the satisfaction points cheat)
- Type into the cheats bar stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking 10
- Press enter and your Sim will have the maximum level of the gourmet cooking skill, which you need to make the ambrosia treats! (Learn more about the gourmet cooking skill cheat here)
- Use the “Cook Gourmet Meal” action when clicking on a fridge or stove in the game and select to cook ambrosia!
How to have Unlimited Supply of Angelfish in the Sims 4?
In order to have an unlimited supply of angelfish, your sim’s household must have discovered angelfish. This means that at least one sim in the household must have used one of the three methods outlined at the start of this post in order to obtain an angelfish and place it in their inventory. It will be shown as discovered in the Household Collections.
In build mode you can use the terrain tools to add a pond to your sim’s lot. Then, place the fishing allowed sign by the pond. This will allow your sims to use the pond for fishing.
In live mode you can click on the sign to stock the pond and will be able to choose from any fish that they’ve discovered in their Household Collections.
Now, your sim’s can fish in that pond and catch angelfish with much greater ease and reliability as much as they’d like to.
I hope that this post was helpful and that you are able to bring your beloved sims back to life quickly in case something goes awry when playing the Sims 4! You can learn everything about making ambrosia in the Let’s Talk Sims Ambrosia post.
If you have any questions, leave a comment down below and I’ll try my best to give you an answer.