The Market Magnate aspiration is part of The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack. It’s a fun aspiration that involves your sim running their own food stall. It includes fun challenges like making ambrosia and is more lucrative than the other new aspiration in the pack, Appliance Wiz aspiration. In this post, I’ll provide explanations and tips for this aspiration! First we’ll start with a quick overview of the aspiration.
Market Magnate Aspiration Quick Overview
Pack Requirement: Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack
Reward Trait: Booth Boss
In-Game Description: “This Sim wants to operate the most profitable Food Stand!”
|Tasks Required To Complete Each Milestone
|#1 Carb Commerce
|(a) Run a Food Stall from a residential lot
(b) Sell 5 excellent Pizzas or Waffles during a Food Sale
|#2 Nom Nom Nomad
|(a) Run Food Sales from 2 different lots
(b) Convince customers to buy something 5 times during a Food Sale
|#3 Hustling Hawker
|(a) Earn 500 simoleons during a single Food Sale
(b) Tend a Food Stand for more than 6 hours
(c) Sell a poor quality item for 100 simoleons
|#4 Street Stall Sage
|(a) Resurrect a Ghost by selling Ambrosia
(b) Earn 10,000 simoleons by completing Food Sales
(c) Sell one meal for 300 simoleons
Bonus Trait for Fortune Aspirations
All Sims 4 aspirations are placed in categories which determine the special bonus trait that your sim gains upon choosing their very first aspiration (when they first age up into a teen or when they are created in CAS). The Market Magnate aspiration is in the Fortune category. Therefore, the bonus trait is Business Savvy. These sims will earn higher salaries from their careers than they otherwise would!
Aspiration Milestones Walk Through
In this section, I give advice on how to complete each of the milestone tasks. Refer to the next section for more tips on how to complete the aspiration, which will come in handy if you’re struggling with any of the steps or if you want to complete it faster!
Milestone 1: Carb Commerce
Run a Food Stall from a residential lot
Purchase the Anywhere Any Fare Food Stand item from build/buy mode for 585 simoleons and place it on your sim’s home lot. Then, cook food and start selling it by dragging it to the food stall item and clicking the “Start Food Sale” option.
Sell 5 excellent Pizzas or Waffles during a Food Sale
You’ll need either the ChowBella Portable Pizza Oven or the ChowBella Heart Waffle Maker appliance to complete this task. Both can be purchased from build/buy mode and can be dragged in and out of your sim’s inventory in live mode.
Milestone 2: Nom Nom Nomad
Run Food Sales from 2 different lots
The food stall item and appliances can be dragged into your sim’s inventory in live mode. Simply place them in your sim’s inventory and travel (using the phone or “m” key) to a different lot and start a food sale.
Convince customers to buy something 5 times during a Food Sale
Whilst tending the table during a food sale, the “Convince to Buy…” social interaction appears when you click on customers. Use this interaction five times to complete the task. It can be done over several food sales or just the one.
Milestone 3: Hustling Hawker
Earn 500 simoleons during a single Food Sale
If you’re struggling to make 500 simoleons during one food sale, try the following:
- Have plenty of items made so that the stall is always fully stocked
- Sell food that requires the highest possible cooking skill level to make based on your sim’s skill level. This is because the more advanced pizzas sell for more money than the easy ones.
- Don’t be afraid to Mark Up your prices to 200x or 300x. This will increase your chances of selling enough to make 500 simoleons during a single food sale.
- Consult the Tips section of this post below where I list helpful reward traits and other ideas for completing this aspiration.
Tend a Food Stand for more than 6 hours
Hours spent tending the table during Food Sales contribute to completing this task. It can be completed over multiple food sales.
Sell a poor quality item for 100 simoleons
This task can take a long time to complete so be patient! Here are tips on how to achieve it:
- Get a sim with a low cooking skill level and make sure they dislike cooking. You may need to move a sim into your household to do this. They are much more likely to cook a poor quality meal than your sim is at this point in the aspiration. Try selling that item at a high mark up price. You can also use the cooking skill cheat to decrease and then increase a sim’s skill level again.
- Remember that the item you sell doesn’t have to be food. After struggling to achieve this milestone for a while, I crafted poor quality nectar (a feature from the Sims 4 Horse Ranch expansion pack) and easily sold it for 100 simoleons.
Milestone 4: Street Stall Sage
Resurrect a Ghost by selling Ambrosia
If you don’t know where to start with this task or you need advice on where to get ingredients, then check out these three posts:
Once you’ve made ambrosia, drag it into your Food Stall’s inventory and make sure a ghost buys it using the “Convince to Buy…” social interaction with a ghost customer.
Earn 10,000 simoleons by completing Food Sales
If you haven’t achieved this task naturally via all of your completed food sales, then just keep selling. I sold ambrosia for 12,248 simoleons, so this task can be completed quite easily!
Sell one meal for 300 simoleons
Mark up those prices and sell expensive items! As mentioned above, I sold ambrosia for an insane amount so that allowed me to complete this task super quickly.
Reward Trait for Market Magnate Aspiration
This trait lets your sim earn even more money from selling food! They can set markup prices even higher (500x) and they’ll be more successful at convincing customers to buy from their Food Stand.
Tips for Completing the Market Magnate Aspiration
There are several in-game features that you can utilise to help you complete this aspiration with more ease and at a faster pace. The reward potions and traits mentioned below can be bought from the rewards store (found in the aspiration UI menu).
Traits (To Use)
Outgoing – enjoy being social (comes in handy when chatting to customers all the time!).
Perfectionist – make higher quality products, which will sell for more in your sim’s food sales.
Foodie – gain cooking skill from watching cooking shows on the TV.
Reward Potions (To Purchase)
Required reward potion:
- Potion of youth (1,500 satisfaction points) is an ingredient for ambrosia
Useful for your sim’s needs and mood when running a food stall:
- Sleep Replacement (400 satisfaction points)
- Moodlet Solver (500 satisfaction points)
Reward Traits (To Purchase)
- Marketable (1,500 satisfaction points) – sell items for more simoleons.
- Stoves and Grills Master (1,500 satisfaction points) – this trait allows your sim to make Impeccable quality food.
- Savant (4,000 satisfaction points) – gain all skills faster.
Some of these traits are really expensive, so you may want to cheat satisfaction points for your sim.
Lot Traits (To Assign in Build Mode)
Homey – cooking, mixology, handiness and gardening skills all increase quicker.
Convivial – increase charisma and comedy skills quicker with this lot, which can’t hurt when trying to sell goods.
Sunny Aspect – sims will be energised, happy or inspired more.
Chef’s Kitchen – increase cooking skill faster when cooking on this lot.
Great Soil – useful if you’re growing your own fresh ingredients to use in your dishes.
Cheat for the Market Magnate Aspiration
If you want to complete the Market Magnate aspiration instantly, then you can cheat it. Here are the steps for the Sim 4 Aspiration Cheat:
- Open the cheat bar by pressing:
- CTRL + Shift + C on PC or Mac.
- All four triggers on console (i.e., PS4 or Xbox one).
- Activate cheats by typing in “testingcheats true” and then press enter.
- Type into the bar aspirations.complete_current_milestone
- Press enter and the milestone your Sim is on is now complete.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 until your sim has completed all 4 milestones.
Cheats in the Sims 4 introduce so much customisation to your game. You can learn more about them and discover new ones on the Let’s Talk Sims Cheats Page!
This aspiration is really fun to play and I liked that it didn’t feel too easy to complete! It encourages players to use all the new features of the stuff pack.
Let me know what your favourite thing to do in the Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack is in the comments below! Do you like the Market Magnate or Aspiration Wiz aspiration better?
I hope this article was helpful and happy simming!